Communications and Event Intern – Summer 2017
The Canadian Cerebral Palsy Sport Association (CCPSA) collaborates with partners to increase the participation of Canadians with cerebral palsy and related disabilities in sport and physical activity, while leading, developing and growing boccia from grassroots to producing World and Paralympic Champions.
We are seeking a creative, self-starting individual to support CCPSA’s communications and development activities and events.
This position reports to the Program Manager
Assist Marketing & Communications Coordinator with the following:
- Primary support for signature ParticipACTION 150 Playlist boccia event
- Logistical and communications support to Provincial ParticipACTION 150 partner events as needed
- Implementation of media strategy for the Canadian Boccia Team
- Updating and maintenance of marketing and communications database and distribution lists
- Support in maintenance and content development for CCPSA and Boccia Canada websites
- Support to social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), including content development, curation, posting and monitoring
Assist Program Manager with the following:
- Development of hosting manual for the Canadian Boccia Championships
- Development of online registration package for Canadian Boccia Championships
- Logistical support to other participation and development programs
- Assist with preparations for office move
- Assist with other miscellaneous administrative tasks and special projects, as required.
Term and Compensation: (start and end dates are negotiable)
- June 5, 2017 to August 25, 2017. Total of 12 weeks.
- 5 days per week, 30 hours per week, $13.00 per hour
- Be currently registered as a full-time student in a college or university program in sport management, marketing and communications, business, or related field and planning to return on a full-time basis in the 2017-18 academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Experience in communications related activities
- Demonstrated work ethic, marked by creativity, enthusiasm and a knack for putting ideas into action
- Excellent computer skills – particularly MS Office Suite, Adobe Premiere Pro, Canva and social media platforms
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, with strong organizational skills
- Excellent team and independent work skills
- Knowledge of, or interest in, Boccia and Paralympic sport
- Bilingualism considered a very strong asset
CCPSA values the importance of diversity, and encourages applications from people with disabilities, women, Aboriginal, and other candidates from traditionally marginalized groups.
Apply in confidence by sending a cover letter and resume by May 19, 2017 to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Cerebral Palsy Sports Association
104-720 Belfast Road
Ottawa, ON K1G 0Z5
This position is made possible through a grant received from the Canada Summer Jobs Program funded by the Government of Canada.