Program and Communications Intern – Summer 2018
The Canadian Cerebral Palsy Sports Association (CCPSA) collaborates with partners to increase the participation of Canadians with cerebral palsy and related disabilities in sport and physical activity, while leading, developing and growing boccia from grassroots to producing World and Paralympic Champions.
We are seeking a creative, self-starting individual to support CCPSA’s communications and development activities and events.
This position reports to the Program Manager
Assist Program Manager with the following:
- Logistics and planning for 2018 CPISRA World Games
- Support to development of online registration for Canadian Boccia Championships
- Support to other participation and development programs as needed
- Assist with other miscellaneous administrative tasks and special projects, as required.
Assist Communications & National Team Coordinator with the following:
- Support to social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), including content development, curation, posting and monitoring
- Update media release/communications database and distribution lists
- Content development for CCPSA and Boccia Canada websites
Term and Compensation: (start and end dates are negotiable)
- June 4, 2018 to August 24, 2018. Total of 12 weeks.
- 5 days per week, 35 hours per week, $14.00 per hour
- Be currently registered as a full-time student in a college or university program in sport management, marketing and communications, business, or related field and planning to return on a full-time basis in the 2018-19 academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Bilingualism considered a very strong asset
- Experience in communications related activities
- Demonstrated work ethic, marked by creativity, enthusiasm and a knack for putting ideas into action
- Excellent computer skills – particularly MS Office Suite, Adobe Premiere Pro, Canva and social media platforms
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, with strong organizational skills
- Excellent team and independent work skills
- Knowledge of, or interest in, Boccia and Paralympic sport
CCPSA values the importance of diversity, and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities, women, Indigenous persons or other traditionally marginalized groups.
Apply in confidence by sending a cover letter and resume by May 18, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Cerebral Palsy Sports Association
c/o House of Sport, RA Centre
2451 Riverside Drive
Ottawa, ON K1H 7X7
This position is made possible through a grant received from the Canada Summer Jobs Program funded by the Government of Canada.